Tuesday, December 4, 2018

12.4.18 Bee-otch of the Day: George H.W. Bush


Bee-otch of the Day honors are awarded Monday through Thursday; Bee-otch of the Week is awarded Sunday morning on Chuck69.com.

-------



Name: George H.W. Bush
Age: was 94
Occupation: ex-president
Last Seen: not on this earth
Bee-otched For: well, everything



A few weeks ago, animation historian Steve Stanchfield uploaded to YouTube an old piece of propaganda.

It was a 1936 animated campaign film produced for Alf Landon, who was running for president against Franklin D. Roosevelt. In the film - produced by Ted Eshbaugh - a jackass donkey does what they do the best: kicks and eats everything in its sight. In the end, a regular donkey - used to symbolize "constitutional" Democrats - kicks the jackass into the distance while an elephant walks in. In the end, Uncle Sam is using the donkey and the elephant to plow together, symbolizing unity in the two-party system.

Of course, it was the Repukes who got us into the Great Depression as it was. But instead of listening to them, FDR went at it alone and the New Deal helped save America from ruin. Alf Landon of course lost the 1936 election and fell into obscurity.

Growing up, I learned about sportsmanship. If somebody is better than you, you congratulate that person and so on. One of the problems with that in politics is the fact that for too long, bipartisanship tends to lead to us Americans not getting the same respect people in other countries get. Look at Obamacare: it's not universal healthcare, but at least it's better than your insurer telling you that you can't get treated simply because you have a pre-existing condition.

To me, I get flustered hearing about the two sole Democratic presidents in my lifetime kissing George H.W. Bush's ass after he died Friday night. Hell, Clinton even referred to 41 as his second father and Obama seemed to be quite fond if the Bushes even after he inherited the fucking quagmire his son created.

Yes, 41 had one quality, and it was the fact that he was one-and-done with his presidency. Simply put, he was Reagan's third term, busting unions, fucking up the economy and totally ignoring the AIDS crisis. He was obsessed with war, throwing our troops into Iraq.

But the worst quality of 41 was definitely 43. He threw us into Iraq again, plus Afghanistan for no reason whatsoever. To this day, our poor, tired troops are over in Afghanistan fighting an oil man's war. Let's not forget the 3000 poor souls who died on 9/11 over his ignorance and the 4000 more in his fake wars. Dubya is wanted in several countries for war crimes.

You know, the more I think about the Bushes, the Repukes and the Dems who kiss their ass, the more I wish we had real progressives in politics. The real test to me is healthcare. We're one of the few nations on earth where it costs $2,000 to excise a CYST. Yes, a cyst. Trust me on this one since it happened to me last summer.

But to me, one of the big reasons why I hate the Bushes is because of how they and Reagan fucked over the middle class in the 1980s. They busted the unions and gave the wealthy a huge tax break. When I graduated a small tech school in 2001, there were NO jobs out there. NONE. My asshole conservative Repuke ex-stepdad wanted me out of his house, even forcing my mom to force me to sign an application for an apartment with me not having a decent job. Thanks to people like GHWB, my mom and ex-stepdad were stuck in a timewarp where there were jobs everywhere when there weren't, especially in rural northern Michigan.

So there. George H.W. Bush is dead and I feel fine, thank you very much. Didn't like what I had to say? Walk a few miles in my shoes. I had to live TEN FUCKING YEARS making chicken shit wages and no other real jobs around. I even threatened to move several times. When people pushed me down for having a shitty job and living in a shitty apartment, I wished they would walk in my shoes and others who had college degrees and making $8/hr. at Walmart. Not my or their fault. This is what we get for voting Republican, and this is what happens when we have Democrats who don't mind giving them a rimjob.

BTW, I love Mike Peters' editorial tribute to GHWB and his wife, Barbara. It's too bad the parachute opened.

--

Got a Bee-otch to nominate? E-mail us @ chuck69dotcom@gmail.com. All suggestions (except for me) are welcome!

Bee-otch of the Day Archives can be seen on http://beeotchoftheday.blogspot.com

Bee-otch of the Day is a production of Chuck69.com, Grand Rapids' site for Stern, politics and more!

CHUCK69.COM IS ALWAYS ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment