Monday, March 9, 2020

3.9.20 Bee-otches of the Day: people not voting in the primaries


BECOME AN AFFILIATE OF T-SHIRT HELL AND MAKE SOME MONEY!

Bee-otch of the Day honors are awarded Monday through Thursday; Bee-otch of the Week is awarded Sunday morning on Chuck69.com.

-------

Name: various
Age: various
Occupation: various
Last Seen: everywhere
Bee-otched For: primary? Huh?                                                                 

----

Tomorrow is a very big day for the great state of Michigan.

Our primary is happening and the race between Bernie Sanders and Grandpa Biden (and if anybody still cares, Tulsi "Present" Gabbard) is very hotly contested. However, I'm miffed that this morning, I read that sadly, Biden is in the lead here in this state.

By double digits.

In most polls, Biden is leading Bernie. Now, some of the polls only have 'Ol Joe in a small lead. I guess it depends on who you can trust.

Bernie has really made his way across this state. Hell, Calder Plaza here in Grand Rapids was packed to the brim with over 7,000 people on Sunday. I contemplated going there, but with me having a cold, it just wasn't possible. Sorry, but I don't want to infect those voting tomorrow if they choose to do so.

And I do mean IF they vote.

The recent primaries have had a huge problem: the lack of younger voters. True, Bernie and Joe are both old. Bernie just had a heart attack and Joe's senile. I know. I used to never vote in primaries myself. But since I've become more progressive in recent years and less "vote blue no matter who", I've made it a point to vote in every primary.

OK, so if you are, let's say 18-34 and don't know who to vote for, Bernie's more like this and Joe's more like this.

Ya know, once upon a time, I was just like a lot of young people. I was beyond deep in debt and working a low-wage job to make ends meet. I know how it feels to have doors shut in my face because I was young and broke. Thankfully, I proved myself to my new bosses and I'm paying off my bills. It's sick that thanks to Drumpf and other Repukes, minimum wage has not gone up in over a decade. Plus, I've had to pay higher taxes this year while Drumpf and his wealthy friends get tax breaks and play around while I'm the one doing all the work.

This is why I love Bernie. He's for a $15 minimum wage. Think that's too much. Think of it this way: in 1970, minimum wage was $1.60. Adjusted for inflation, that's $10.60 per hour! Today, it's only $7.25.

Thanks to the Coronavirus and Drumpf's stupidity, the Dow is shrinking faster than what it did in 2008. It's fucking STUPID that he has somebody who's anti-science, Mike Pence to be responsible for looking out for COVID-19 for America. Same thing with the other cabinets he's running down, especially education, and the fact that a bitch who never went to public school, Betsy Devos is telling our nation's kids that it sucks to be them.

I know. Some people view Bernie as crazy. He screams and speaks in a Jewish accent. But guess what? Better him over Biden and especially Drumpf. Biden won't help the crises that's affecting this great nation. After all, he approved of NAFTA and other trade deals that have killed American jobs. He built privatized prisons to keep people of color off the street.

True, better Biden over Drumpf if he ends up the Democratic nominee for president. But, ever hear of the Green Party? Basically put, they were created simply because in the past 50 years, the Dems have gotten too far into the middle. Because of corporate greed and their inability of jumpstarting the economy. They've forgotten about FDR and how he created the middle class and unions, plus the fact that he got us out of the Great Depression.

The point is that if Bernie loses Michigan tomorrow, it will screw him hardcore. What's even more pathetic is that he won Michigan in 2016 and when Hillary was nominated, she lost Michigan by only 10,000 votes. Traditionally, Michigan has been a blue state thanks to its long association with unions and the middle class. Drumpf was going around telling people here in Michigan that their jobs were safe while Hillary ignored us.

Now, Biden's here in Michigan, too. He knows how important votes are to him, given how Drumpf has royally fucked over this great state. Truth be told, I sure as hell don't understand why the news media here claims that Biden has double digit numbers given his torrid ideals regarding manufacturing

If Biden wins the Democratic nomination, good, though I won't vote for him. Why? 1) He's too moderate and 2) I want to help pave the way for Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to run in 2024. I know, some of you will cry that a vote for the Green Party is a vote for Drumpf. FALSE. I want to tell the Democrats that in my lifetime, they've given us two moderates as president and both had their issues. Under Clinton, we got NAFTA and Telecom 96. Thanks to NAFTA, many of our manufacturing jobs are out of the country and in the hands of workers who are probably planning to come here for a better life for their them and their families. Telecom 96 caused too many media mergers to the point where here in Grand Rapids, all three of the major companies that own radio stations have been bankrupt. Up in northern Michigan, there were five radio groups 15 years ago. One of them was sold to another company for $7 million only to be sold back to the original owner for not even $2 million several years ago. Another group bought a popular radio station in 1996 for $3 million. They mismanaged it and ended up selling it to a competitor for just over $200k recently.

True, Obama was to the left of Bill, but he had his problems, too. Obamacare helped a lot of people but didn't help everybody. It's proof that we need single payer universal healthcare here in America. Unfortunately, he didn't get us out of Afghanistan. Plus, he couldn't stop Sandy Hook and other mass shootings from happening.

Sadly, the so-called "liberal media" isn't our friend, either. I think they're rigging Biden to be the winner simply because Bernie's anti-corporate media and anti-billionaire. The cable news networks aren't much help, either, since they're owned by AT&T, Comcast and Rupert Murdoch. Hell, did I tell you that when they do a piece on Bernie, they use the muddiest audio possible? Even their most "liberal" hosts like Rachel Maddow trash Bernie because they're limousine liberals. Hell, Maddow is
worth $20 million, ten times that of Bernie's and a helluva lot more than those who work three jobs and are in immense debt.

Look. During these primaries - and I hope you do vote - please, vote with your heart. Yes, I'm endorsing Bernie. But if you vote for Biden, well, that's your choice. Hell, there's three people going up against Drumpf in the Republican primaries this year (and why the media isn't reporting on it almost doesn't surprise me at all). If you like Bill Weld, Joe Walsh or even Rocky De La Fuente better, the whole world's your oyster. But, this country needs a leader who has never been a sell-out, and that's Bernie.

Michigan, either we swim, or we sink. VOTE.



--
  ----

Got a Bee-otch to nominate? E-mail us @ chuck69dotcom@gmail.com. All suggestions (except for me) are welcome!

Bee-otch of the Day Archives can be seen on http://beeotchoftheday.blogspot.com

Bee-otch of the Day is a production of Chuck69.com, Grand Rapids' site for Stern, politics and more!

CHUCK69.COM IS ALWAYS ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment