Wednesday, November 7, 2018

11.7.18 Bee-otches of the Day: non-voters



Bee-otch of the Day honors are awarded Monday through Thursday; Bee-otch of the Week is awarded Sunday morning on Chuck69.com.

-------



Names: various
Ages: various
Occupations: various
Last Seen: everywhere
Bee-otched For: staying away from the polls



---

Well, it's been a day since one of the most-important midterm elections in US history.

There was a lot of good that came from this year's election. Michigan's next governor wasn't endorsed by Drumpf, an Uncle Tom won't be our next senator here in Michigan, people here in Michigan will soon be allowed to legally smoke pot and maybe most-importantly, the Dems are taking back the House.

True, it wasn't a total blue wave, sadly. Here in Michigan, several Repukes still won seats here in west Michigan and up north as well. Fuck, I'm wondering why people in northern Michigan chose a troll from da You Pee over Matt Morgan. But then again, this is northern Michigan we're talking about here: an area loaded with retirees, gun nuts and former Detroiters who wanted to get away from black people.

Of course, the biggest disappointment was in Texas where Beto O'Rourke lost to Ted Cruz by 223,000 votes. But hey! At least Drumpf fired his pot-hating AG Jeff Sessions. But still, Drumpf sucks as president.

The best thing to think about regarding this year's midterms is probably the fact that for the first time in American history, over 100 million people voted in this election. However, that's still only 49% of the voting public. So in other words, if your candidate didn't win and you didn't vote for him or her, don't bitch.

I'll admit, I didn't vote in the 2000 elections. I didn't like Bush because he's a Repuke and Al Gore made the mistake of allowing Joe Lieberman to be his running mate. Being a hardcore Stern fan, I felt abandoned. However, seeing the destruction Bush did in his first four years, I did vote in the 2004 elections and voted for John Kerry. He still lost, but when Bush's BS was causing everybody to become bankrupt, at least I could bitch.

You know, I'm happy I've voted in every election since I got registered. Hell, I even vote for mayor in my hometown! He's brought a lot of businesses to my city. We have Dave and Buster's and Trader Joe's! He's non-party, so I could care less what he is.

Now that Prop 3 has been passed here in Michigan, maybe it'll help bring more voters in. Hell, I love the idea of voting from home via mail. It sure beats standing in line at the polls, though I was in and out in a 1/2 hour.

2020 is coming and I hope that the Dems will not cause the same mistake that caused Drumpf to win. It's time for them to allow the people to choose their next president or else Drumpf will be a two-termer. Hillary lost by three million votes and it's because she lost the midwest by slim margins. The Electoral College ain't going away. If people see their votes in the primary disappear like it did in 2016, expect low voter turnout and like I said, another four years of Drumpf. Already, his BS is causing prices to rise and people to lose their jobs.

But in the end, people still have a choice.

--





  --

Got a Bee-otch to nominate? E-mail us @ chuck69dotcom@gmail.com. All suggestions (except for me) are welcome!

Bee-otch of the Day Archives can be seen on http://beeotchoftheday.blogspot.com

Bee-otch of the Day is a production of Chuck69.com, Grand Rapids' site for Stern, politics and more!

CHUCK69.COM IS ALWAYS ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment