Monday, January 11, 2021

1.11.21 Bee-otch of the Day: Donald Trump

Bee-otch of the Day honors are awarded Monday through Thursday; Bee-otch of the Week is awarded Sunday morning on Chuck69.com's socials.




Name: Donald Trump
Age: 74
Occupation: failure
Last Seen: Washington, DC
Bee-otched for: getting banned

--

In just nine days, the worst nightmare in America's history since the Great Depression will start crawling to an end.

Drumpf will have no choice but to bequeath the presidency to Joe Biden, albeit kicking and screaming or simply sitting in a corner pouting. He won't be at the inaugural, making him the first president to do so since Andrew Jackson. 

Meanwhile, social media platforms Twitter and Facebook have banned him. Many have told him to move to conservative-friendly Parler, whose app is being taken down on Apple and Google. Some have even cried that Facebook and Twitter are taking away Drumpf's First Amendment rights. In reality, they are not.

Let me tell you a story from my childhood. When I was young, I wanted a Game Boy. My parents wanted to teach me the precious lesson of saving, so I saved every nickel and penny I could. I saved $90 and bought my Game Boy with my own money. My parents were so proud that they bought me a case for my Game Boy, which also fit a few games and cables. 

Well, right around the same time, my father had some severe back issues and couldn't work. So, he looked in the paper and saw that there was a family going through a divorce and needed a babysitter for their son, who was autistic. So, he got the job and one of the first things the kid did was run straight to my room. Needless to say, his hands were in his mouth all the time. He would touch EVERYTHING he wanted to. Being a germaphobe, I kept telling him to wash his hands and, well, he didn't. 

Over time, he managed to ignore my orders and I got pissed. He threw tantrums and damn near broke my Super Nintendo by pulling a cartridge out without pushing the eject button. His final nail on the coffin came when he took my Game Boy case and threw it across the room. Thankfully, my Game Boy was not in the case, but the case itself unattached itself from its hinges. Because of this, I had convinced my parents enough that he was no longer welcome in my bedroom, or even our house.

You see, Drumpf did the same thing with Twitter. He used it to spread lies and hate. He riled up his supporters to a rally at the Capitol and we all know the rest. Virtually all social media sites want nothing to do with him. Yes, there's Parler, but even that's gone now. Companies have pulled all support for him and even a few Republicans have said that they would even vote for his impeachment. 

One congressman who has said that he would vote for Drumpf's impeachment is the one representing my district, Peter Meijer. Funny, since he replaced Justin Amash, who was one of the first Republicans to called for impeachment. With this district being very conservative, love for Amash from the right faltered while he registered as an independent. Amash chose not to run again, paving the way for a battle between Meijer - an heir to the mega retailer - and Democrat Hillary Scholten. Obviously, Meijer won. It wouldn't shock me if his family pressured him to call for impeachment given that a non-impeachment vote would help hurt the family business. 

The painful reality for Drumpf is how weak and powerless he's become all the sudden. He's lost Congress, the Senate and now, his corporate pals. He promised to "Make America Great Again", but it was already at its best in years under Obama. I, and too many others will be so happy when Drumpf is out and our country can heal. 

Yes, we have First Amendment rights. But, when people use it to kill others, it's like calling "FIRE!" in a movie theater.

No comments:

Post a Comment