Thursday, April 30, 2020

4.30.20 Hero of the Day: Jeff Gibbs



Bee-otch of the Day honors are awarded Monday through Thursday; Bee-otch of the Week is awarded Sunday morning on Chuck69.com.

-------

A SPECIAL HERO OF THE DAY!




Name: Jeff Gibbs
Age: 65
Occupation: filmmaker
Last Seen: Traverse City, MI
Awarded For: making a thought-provoking movie about the truth about green energy                                                               

----

The world sure has changed because of COVID-19, has it?

Just think that because of the coronavirus, the internet has become our dear friend. Instead of going to the movies, we watch them online or from an old pile of VHS tapes and DVDs. Some of us read books. Others do jigsaw puzzles or sit and listen to old records.

Of course, Hollywood's still gotta make money. Universal decided to release "Trolls: World Tour" digitally for $20 as opposed to releasing it in theaters because of the pandemic. Because of this, two theater chains, AMC and Regal have both said that they will no longer play any of Universal's films. Because of the pandemic, it's not expected for most cinemas to open until July or August. If they do, many might severely limit and distance their seating.

The good news is that pandemic or not, we're still seeing great movies. And one of them hit the web last week for the low, low price of... free.

"Planet of the Humans" is a movie that was completed last year and made its debut at the Traverse City Film Festival. The movie was made by Jeff Gibbs, a longtime producer of Michael Moore's movies. Moore himself produced 'Humans'. In the movie, Gibbs discusses the dark side of the green energy business. He talks about the fact that the materials used to make solar power and wind turbines are the result of mining. He also takes a shot at biomass and how plants that burn garbage stink up communities and are built near schools and parks.

'Humans' also takes shots at several well-known groups like the Sierra Club and even avowed environmentalists like Bill McKibben and even Al Gore for siding with biomass industries and the billionaires that fund them. The movie shows scenes of trees being logged and burned in areas like the Amazon and sugar fields being plowed all in the same of false green energy.

Since the film's release onto YouTube, it's gotten good reviews, though some so-called environmentalists have blasted the film for its attacks on solar and wind energy. True, it's still somewhat better than getting its energy from coal, but the sad reality is that there's no real solution to the world's climate change problems.

Well, sorta.

As I've mentioned not long ago, Pope Francis proclaimed that the COVID-19 pandemic is God's way of allowing us to control climate change. Thanks to the stay-at-home orders many states have, downtown Los Angeles is smogless for the first time in decades. Gasoline is affordable for the first time in ages since nobody's traveling. And since restaurants are closed and social distancing is a must, singles like me won't be fucking for a while.

In 'Humans', Gibbs says that the only really good way to stop climate change is for people to not procreate. The world is too overpopulated as it is. In the past several years, it's gotten too expensive to have children as-is here in America. A lot of the women I meet online end up only becoming pen pals because some work six or seven days per week. They have scary amounts of college debt and high rent to pay. Having a kid is out of the question.

The tragic trend I've noticed is that there's one group of people who are having children: stupid people. Two years ago, I had a so-called "girlfriend" who used me financially and did heroin behind my back. I manned up and kicked her out of my life. Just a few months later, she got married and gave birth to a kid. Just this past week, a cousin of mine and his stupid ho wife had their third child in three years. He's never had a long-term job. The only reason why they have money is because of her real estate job and the fact that when his mom, my aunt was dying of brain cancer, they forced her to sign her $1,500 per month retirement - which was supposed to be given to my uncle, who lost his job and used up his 401(K) - over to them. They're devout Catholics and use their religion as an excuse to bring more kids into this Earth and attack the rest of our family because we're not up to their so-called standards.

Sadly, I'll be 39 in less than a month. When I started this site 21 years ago, I promised that I would only end updating it when I get married. Well, 21 years later, that reality hasn't happened yet. Maybe that's a good thing because one of the sad lessons I've learned about women is that I'm not boyfriend material. Before the pandemic, I was working over 40 hours per week and I've always paid my bills. Yes, I'm a responsible adult. But I see too many women dating assholes who end up being total bums. And when a woman finally breaks away from that loser, she's already had two or three kids with him. And guess what? Once a woman becomes a mom, she's dead to me in the dating game.

But because of the fact that this world has collapsed tremendously since Reagan was president, I do ask IF it's morally acceptable to even bring a child into this world. Since I was born, we've dealt with AIDS, countless wars over oil, 9/11, recessions and now, coronavirus. I was raised to trust the president, but in my lifetime, it can't be possible. True, I'd love to create a sixth generation of family, but should it be allowed in this day and age?

Folks, the American dream is a trophy we all want in life. But as long as it's billionaires and not Democrats and Republicans running this nation, it can't come true. I sometimes compare my life to my parents' lives growing up. My father did OK for somebody who didn't graduate high school. My mother graduated, but in my situation, so did I, plus a vocational degree. I've worked at my company for 18 years and didn't make a living wage until just a few short years ago. Thanks to the wealthy, plus the baby boomers who voted in Reagan, this is what we get.

We should be proud the coronavirus is teaching us that Earth is fragile. It's too bad that now we have morons crying to lock Gretchen Whitmer up, but that's their problem. Sadly, we will have to go back to our old ways, but we need to give it time. We need to listen to science and not politics. We need to simply chill and give Mr. Gibbs two hours of our time.

And besides, it's free!

--
  ----

Got a Bee-otch to nominate? E-mail us @ chuck69dotcom@gmail.com. All suggestions (except for me) are welcome!

Bee-otch of the Day Archives can be seen on http://beeotchoftheday.blogspot.com

Bee-otch of the Day is a production of Chuck69.com, Grand Rapids' site for Stern, politics and more!

CHUCK69.COM IS ALWAYS ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment