Wednesday, March 31, 2021

3.31.21 Bee-otch of the Day: Dave Ramsey

Bee-otch of the Day honors are awarded Monday through Thursday; Bee-otch of the Week is awarded Sunday morning on Chuck69.com's socials.




Name: Dave Ramsey
Age: 60
Occupation: money guy
Last Seen: Nashville
Bee-otched For: playing God

--

The good news is that Rush Limbaugh is no longer around to spread lies and horseshit. 

The bad news is that he has his minions. Lots of them. And even the ones that aren't that political are still assholes on the hacked-up medium known as AM radio.

One person is Dave Ramsey, a right-winged asshole who has been a rockstar when it comes to financial advice to many. His self-syndicated radio show is heard on some 600 radio stations on a barter basis and has 14 million weekly listeners. Locally here in Grand Rapids, both iHeartMedia AM stations carry his show; WTKG 1230 airs it live from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. while the more-powerful WOOD-AM/FM carries it from 6-9 p.m.

Dave is known for mixing in financial advice and biblical verses that deal with money. As a matter of fact, he made headlines some years ago when he appeared on The 700 Club to proclaim that the Bible has more verses other than "it's easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to go to Heaven" that deal with being rich. Without naming verses, he simply said that you just have to look.

Without a doubt, Dave is somebody who thinks that one can live on meager wages. He keeps saying shit like "you don't need this" and "you don't need that". Now, he's telling his employees that they don't need pussy, either.

Court documents have revealed that Ramsey fired nine employees just because they had premarital sex. Caitlin O'Connor was an administrative assistant with Ramsey's company until she was fired last June allegedly because she was unmarried and pregnant. According to sources, Ramsey's company has something called a 'righteous living' edict, meaning that their employees should all live a Christian lifestyle according to Ramsey's standards. On his website, Ramsey admits that he will fire employees if they engage in any extramarital affairs. 

Ramsey reportedly banned masks in his office because to him, they look "threatening". Yeah, like God is going to protect us all from COVID-19. 

So why is Ramsey judging people like this? Because apparently, he can. Tennessee is an 'at-will' state, meaning that an employer can fire you for just about anything. According to Ramsey, he says that he can fire one for having green eyes. 

The sad truth is that Dave Ramsey is a douchebag who thinks that us Americans can live on ramen noodles and drive around in a POS that came from Division Ave. here in Grand Rapids. As someone who made less than $10 per hour for ten years, I digress. He thinks that we need to follow his "baby steps to financial freedom". Personally, they only work when you have money. 

Look, I had credit card debt for years. It prevented me from buying a house. One reason for my debt was because my ex-boss was just like Ramsey: a right-winged asshole. Instead of giving us raises, he threw us all in front of one of Ramsey's videos where he explained his 'baby steps'. I tried it once, but guess what? IT ONLY WORKS IF YOU GET PAID A DECENT WAGE. 

As I mentioned many times, my ex-boss was forced into retirement by his partner after he damn near bankrupted the company. After he was ousted, the company's financial health healed and since then, I'm now getting paid twice of what I was getting paid with the ex-boss. A lot of my credit card debt was paid off, though my father ended up helping me because we're looking to buy a house together and wanted me to have a better chance for a mortgage.

The point is, is that Dave Ramsey - whose net worth is around $200 million - wants his followers to be happy with nothing. Not long ago, he made a post that you should only buy a automobile you can afford and not finance it. In his words, "nobody will judge you by what car you drive". Newsflash: PEOPLE WILL JUDGE YOU BY WHAT YOU HAVE, PERIOD, END OF STORY. Because of the fact that I was so broke in my early years that I lived in a cheap apartment for years. People would come in and actually ask me, "why haven't you bought a house yet?" Look, I've been on my own for 19 years and the first ten of those years were tough because of the aforementioned last boss. I worked for him for ten years not because I wanted to, it was because I had to. Before my ex-boss, I was up in northern Michigan washing dishes and stocking shelves. I never had a silver spoon in my mouth. When I entered the work force, I was told that I would be making the big bucks within five years. I was lied to and I was the one who paid the price. I even donated plasma for a short time to help with finances. 

Folks, this is why we need a dire increase in the minimum wage. The price of everything - rent, food, gas, you name it - is going up. Here in Grand Rapids, rent is so high that some people are now squatting. But, in Dave Ramsey's world, "you don't need that smartphone!" "You don't need that car! Take the bus!" 

Here's a question for Dave Ramsey: WHO MADE YOU GOD? We're all sinners. If man is five and the devil is six, then God is seven. My father and I went to a church 25 years ago that had a singles ministry. And guess what? My father and another woman had a sexual relationship. Even more, SHE CHEATED ON HIM! I've learned long and hard that evangelical Christian women tend to be horny sluts. I went to a more-liberal church and there weren't many women my age and a lot of LGBTQ+ people.

Look, when you're an employer and you have a negative culture at your business, people will know. If you fire people for stupid reasons, people will hate you, end of story. This is why I avoid anything that involves the words "we promote Christian values". To me, it says "we judge and do things Jesus doesn't approve of". Personally, instead of seeking advice from a heretic like Dave Ramsey, real people simply need a raise and not be forced to live in a room in the ghetto.

At least us Americans took one giant baby step last year and got rid of Drumpf.

---


Got a Bee-otch to nominate? E-mail us @ chuck69dotcom@gmail.com. All suggestions (except for me) are welcome!

Bee-otch of the Day Archives can be seen on http://beeotchoftheday.blogspot.com

Bee-otch of the Day is a production of Chuck69.com, Grand Rapids' site for Stern, politics and more!

CHUCK69.COM IS ALWAYS ON!


No comments:

Post a Comment