Wednesday, June 5, 2019

6.5.19 Bee-otch of the Day: TJ Maxx



Bee-otch of the Day honors are awarded Monday through Thursday; Bee-otch of the Week is awarded Sunday morning on Chuck69.com.

-------




Name: TJX Companies
Age: 63
Occupation: owners of TJ Maxx, Marshall's, Sierra, HomeGoods and others
Last Seen: Framingham, Massachusetts
Bee-otched For: maxxing out
 
-

Sometimes in life, you get what you pay for.

Recently, my aging, rusty old bathtub was replaced with a new, sleeker fiberglass model. So, it was fitting that I should get a new shower curtain and hooks. I was thinking about going to Bed, Bath and Beyond for the shower stuff.

However, I needed ink for my printer. My local Best Buy in Grand Rapids was next to the hybrid TJ Maxx/HomeGoods and there was a storm coming. So, I figured that it would be no harm and no foul going there vs. going further down 28th Street to BBB.

Bad idea.

TJ Maxx's selection of hooks and curtains sucked. At this location, all they had was clear plastic. Not willing to drive all the way to BBB, I said "fuck it" and bought the shit they had. Well, I went home in the driving rain and installed the new hooks and liner. Worst. Hooks. Ever. They didn't roll down my shower rod easily and it reminded me of nails on a chalkboard. So, after consulting with mother, I decided to return the items to TJ's in hopes of getting my money back.

Well, it was like pulling teeth.

I returned to TJ's with the hooks and curtain, plus my receipt. I get to the cashier and she went to the manager. Well, she came back and told me that the hooks might not be refundable. The manager came and made a BFD about what I returned. She bitched that she only counted 15 hooks and I KNOW all 16 were in there. She also was insulting me and so on. She made me feel bad for returning their shitty products. The only good that came out of that confrontation is that I did get my full refund.

I ended up getting my hooks from BBB the next day and they work well. As for the curtain itself, surprise, surprise, I got it from Dollar General. My mom actually liked it!

TJ Maxx and HomeGoods is owned by TJX Companies, which also owns Sierra - also at The Shops at Centerpoint, aka Eastbrook Mall - and Marshall's, which just opened in the same strip that has ABC Whorehou-er, ABC Warehouse, Burlington and another store that just opened, Bob's Discount Furniture.

Now, I've shopped all four of those stores and my degree of success with them has varied. I've bought luggage and jeans from TJ's and Marshall's and they're all good. Underwear, however, is a joke. I've bought a pack from Sierra and it was the worst I've ever bought. It rode up my asshole and it made my thighs kiss and rash up. The ones I purchased from Marshall's were better, though; however, it didn't have a slot to whip my dick out to go pee.

Tragically, this WASN'T the first time I've ever returned something to a TJX store. A few years ago, I bought a shower head from HomeGoods and it was missing a part. Turns out that somebody returned it to the store and they put it back on the shelf with missing parts.

But'cha know, I think there was a good reason that manager was a bitch to me: she works in retail and probably hates it. Today at a Walmart meeting, Bernie Sanders confronted company executives for paying their employees "starvation wages" while the Waltons are worth $175 million. The same goes for other retailers. I remember going to Walgreen's and the cashier was bitching about being on an EBT card. Hmmm... Doesn't Walgreen's promote that Red Nose bullshit where they ask their customers to donate to that cause? Here's a better idea: PAY YOUR FUCKING WORKERS A LIVABLE WAGE!

This is why I plan to do more shopping at Costco from now on. Now that I'm a member, it makes me happy that their average worker gets paid $20 per hour and even part-timers get good benefits. And guess what? COSTCO IS PROFITABLE!

Because of my bad experiences, I plan to avoid any TJX store at all costs from now on. Sorry, but I work my ass off daily. If my want to buy a thong, I'd be going to Victoria's Secret.

Funny how TJ Maxx was a descendant of Zayre, a defunct retailer named for a Jewish phrase "zehr gut", meaning "very good". Why? Because too many times, I, who am not a Jew has uttered "oy vey" upon leaving one of their stores.
---
  --

Got a Bee-otch to nominate? E-mail us @ chuck69dotcom@gmail.com. All suggestions (except for me) are welcome!

Bee-otch of the Day Archives can be seen on http://beeotchoftheday.blogspot.com

Bee-otch of the Day is a production of Chuck69.com, Grand Rapids' site for Stern, politics and more!

CHUCK69.COM IS ALWAYS ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment