Thursday, December 19, 2019

2019 Bee-otch of the Decade (and some heroes, too!)



BECOME AN AFFILIATE OF T-SHIRT HELL AND MAKE SOME MONEY!

Bee-otch of the Day honors are awarded Monday through Thursday; Bee-otch of the Week is awarded Sunday morning on Chuck69.com.

-------

And now, a Special Presentation: The Bee-otch of the Decade!
-


A week from Wednesday, we start not just a new year, but a new decade.

We're starting with a fresh clean slate that's been wiped down with a cleaning agent so strong that the hazmat suit we wore melted. The 10s were a better decade than the 00s and 90s were for me, I'll admit. Yes, I had my obstacles, but since I'm older, I'm definitely a little wiser.

A decade ago, I did something called "Bee-otch of the Decade". Since he was Bee-otch of the Year throughout most of the 00s, it should have gone to George W. Bush. Well, I had another idea. I gave it to a group of people who were easily fooled. A group who played a role as to why when I wrote BOTDecade, we were going through one of the worst economies of all time. That group of people was us.

IIRC, I wrote that we were to blame for our own problems since we were easily scared into re-electing Dubya in 2004. I also wrote that instead of supporting the small guy, we support billionaires. In other words, instead of shopping at the family-owned supermarket down the street, we drive 20 miles to a Walmart where milk is 99 cents. Now, many small towns no longer have a grocery store, but rather a Dollar General, which sells some groceries, but mainly processed crap and no meats or produce.

I also mentioned that maybe if we all voted for Al Gore in 2000, we wouldn't have had to deal with Bush and his cronies. Well, my opinion on that changed in 2016 when the Democrats screwed over Bernie Sanders and gave Hillary Clinton their pick for president. There, we all learned that even though she won the election fair and square, the Electoral College told a whole different story.

So who is most-deserving of being the Bee-otch of the Decade? Is it Drumpf? Yes, he's now impeached and if the Senate had a brain, he'd be thrown in prison. But it ain't him. How about Bill Cosby? Those whose careers ended because of the MeToo movement? The FCC? Matt Hanlon? John Balyo?

Oddly enough, it ain't any of these people.

So, who is the Bee-otch of the Decade? Well, I look at it this way. Since 2010, my life has gotten somewhat better. I had a shaky start with a car accident that forced me to get a car that had a myriad of problems. I learned the hard way that rental cars make shitty used cars. In just the first year, I had THOUSANDS of dollars of repairs, all caused by the ignorance of the place I bought the car (Courtesy Dodge of Grand Rapids) and the assholes who drove my now-former car.

Because of all this, I ended up with several monthly credit card bills. With the lack of raises from my now-former boss, I was forced to donate plasma several times per week and I had to give up my cable. Meanwhile, my ex-boss was going on several vacations and bitching that our industry was "dying".

Thankfully, my former boss retired on New Years Eve, 2012. Eight months later, I had my first raise in almost a decade. Almost every year since, I've gotten a $1 raise. Oh, and a few months ago, my company had $800,000 in sales.

And oddly enough, my ex-boss ain't the Bee-otch of the Decade. Neither is Courtesy Dodge, Berger Chevrolet (their service department is a JOKE and I learned the hard way) or the assholes who drove my now-former car before I bought it.

You see, the economy has improved a lot since Bush left the White House a decade ago. But, there's still too much work to be done. The minimum wage has not gone up in a decade and the price of housing has skyrocketed. Restaurants are closing because nobody can afford to work at one, especially when the pay's only $10 per hour.

One of the biggest problems for me is I'm pushing 40 and I'm still single. And guess what? I'm starting to know exactly why. I'm on several dating sites and most of the women are either 1) working two jobs or 2) shoving their tits and ass in front of their cellphone camera begging for a sugar daddy. This past year, I went out with a woman who had two jobs and was working seven days a week. Five days were spent at a publisher and her weekends were spent at a popular restaurant in their kitchen. We split up simply because she no longer had time for me and had to focus on her life.

So many young people are simply struggling. They have college degrees and jobs that require them, but the pay sucks. I come from a family of teachers and they've all retired or died. I dreamed of being a teacher as a kid, and I'm glad I never became one. When I hear of kids going to the same food pantries their own teachers go to, I shake my head. It simply sends the wrong message to them.

And because too many young adults have to have second jobs or in my old case, have a needle shoved into my left arm and make $50 extra per week, they can't have kids. And as a result, for the first time since the Baby Boom of the mid-20th century, the world's population is expected to dwindle. It's totally heartbreaking also that too many children go to bed hungry because their parents already try too hard to earn a living. With Drumpf cutting SNAP benefits recently and Rethugs lumping those who work and those on welfare onto the same EBT card, it creates poor shaming at the grocery store.

Without a doubt, there's somebody out there deserving to be the BOTDecade and it's another group. It's not us, though. Many of us were still fooled, especially those who voted for Drumpf in 2016 simply because he acted more liberal than Hillary. Yes, Drumpf did ban bump stocks, made animal cruelty illegal and supported those with autism, though he made vile comments regarding Greta Thunberg recently.

The people deserving of the Bee-otch of the Decade honor are the group of people who got us into this mess in the first place. They are the group of people who had a great and privileged life growing up because their parents worked hard. However, they grew up watching some stupid monkey movies as children and when its star, Ronald Reagan ran for president in 1980, they voted him in. Hey, they didn't want some stuffy old peanut farmer in the White House anymore! Because of this group of people, since 1980, we really haven't had a true progressive in the White House. Yes, we had Clinton, but he fucked up the world of broadcasting with Telecom 96 and let's not forget NAFTA. Yes, he left the White House without a deficit, but he was also a man who couldn't keep it in his pants. Obama was much better and helped rebuild America's economy. But Obamacare has proven to be not a true fix-all for our nation's healthcare problems. Then again, he was stuck throughout his presidency with a House loaded bought politicians. And sadly, part of that aforementioned group elected them in. Same with the Senate and the idiots vowing to keep Drumpf from being kicked out of the White House.

The Bee-otches of the Decade are the people like my former instructor who told me that I would be making $20 per hour in five years only to enter an economy in the 00s with few jobs and low pay. They are the people who call me an "$8 per hour loser" and called the place I lived a "ghetto" because they're the ones who voted for Reagan and lived in a nice, big house growing up. They're the ones who simply sat at the big table and told my generation to run out to the car in the pouring rain to grab their cigarettes.

Without mincing my words, I'll say this fair and square: the Bee-otches of the Decade are... THE BABY BOOMERS!

OK, so not all Boomers voted Republican and some are quite intelligent. But as a young teen growing up in northern Michigan, I felt like they were out to control me like a puppet. I looked at the people my age in the Detroit and Grand Rapids areas and they were spoiled. They got to go to rock concerts all the time and had better radio stations. Me? We were lucky to get one good concert per year and we got stuck with the piece of shit known as KLT. And like I mentioned earlier this week, the owners bought the station most-popular with teens of the 90s, 106.7 The Peak for $3 million and ran it into the ground.

Look, I know it's wrong to lump all those born between 1947 to 1964 into the same group. It's like calling all black folks the N-word. Hell, a lot of folks up north are racist because they grew up in Detroit and all they heard about black people was bad. Let me tell you this: I once worked at a popular restaurant near Traverse City. The majority of the people I worked with were teens my age. However, they hired somebody who should have NEVER have been close to us at all. He lived in a small cabin and drove a crappy old car, the inner workings of a child molester. He was creepy, period. Just several years prior to working with us, he was charged with performing oral sex with a six-year-old boy. A few years after I moved to Grand Rapids, he was busted again for attempting to rape an 11-year-old boy and finally put on the Sex Offender List.

And the owners of that establishment? Boomers. And their son was in his late 20s when he started dating a girl I went to school with who was I think 14.

And that creepy guy who raped young boys? White. And a Boomer, too.

The sad thing about Boomers is this: The 10s might have been their last decade where they showed true power. The reason why is because the generation that has begat them, the Xs, Ys and Zs have outnumbered them. They are the true Heroes of the Decade. They will stand in the next decade and wipe clean the shit the Boomers left for them. And at the end of the day, we will shine. If Bernie Sanders gets fucked out of the presidency again in 2020, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez can and will run in 2024. She'll get the job done while people like Rush Limbaugh and all the losers on Faux Propaganda Channel will start to croak. Same with everybody on AM talk radio.

My fellow Gen-X-Y-Zers, assemble! The 20s will be your decade. It's time to take your country back. It's time to tax the wealthy, make healthcare affordable and kill college debt. It's time to fall in love again. Put your genitalia to good use and create those who will wipe my ass when I get broken and senile. Also, let's work hard to eliminate climate change. Greta Thunberg is right! It's time we get a leader who will listen to her and not discount her simply because she's autistic.

Do this, and 2029 won't become another 1929.

---
  --

Got a Bee-otch to nominate? E-mail us @ chuck69dotcom@gmail.com. All suggestions (except for me) are welcome!

Bee-otch of the Day Archives can be seen on http://beeotchoftheday.blogspot.com

Bee-otch of the Day is a production of Chuck69.com, Grand Rapids' site for Stern, politics and more!

CHUCK69.COM IS ALWAYS ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment