Monday, October 11, 2010

10.11.10 Bee-otches of the Day: bullies




DON'T FORGET TO "LIKE" BEE-OTCH OF THE DAY ON FACEBOOK!
 
-------------------
 
Name: various
Ages: various
Occupations: various
Last Seen: everywhere
Bee-otched For: picking on the small guy
 
----

As the poster says, you can't make 500 million friends without making a few enemies.
 
For the past two weekends in a row, The Social Network has been the #1 movie in America. It has grossed nearly $50 million, which is how much it took to make. The movie exposes Mark Zuckerberg, the man behind the internet phenomenon which has made him the youngest billionaire in America with a net worth of $7 billion. There were many folks who helped him along the way, but he ended up screwing them over. The end of the story was that he had to pay these people millions, including Eduardo Saverin, Zuckerberg's Harvard roommate and basically put, the only friend he had when Zuckerberg created Facebook.
In the end, Zuckerberg became a rich man, but thanks to some legal wrangling, Saverin is still rich; he still owns 5% of the company, but is only worth a meager $1.3 billion.

Then again, Saverin has joined the Paul Allens and Ronald Waynes of the world. However, unlike the latter two, he got jerked over and lost.

Zuckerberg was just another dork loser with a computer and an internet connection who used the keyboard as a weapon. He used his earlier creation, FaceMash to insult female students at Harvard. Despite its popularity, women viewed him as a pig just because he viewed them as farm animals who don't listen to men.
Ya know, I kinda wish my website was like Facebook. I mean, I'm older than Zuckerberg, Chuck69.com's been around a lot longer and so on and so on. Billionaire? I wish. I'll admit that despite my ad-whoring of TShirtHell.com, I haven't sold a shirt in years. But you know, I am happy. I know that people out there will read this and think that I'm either A) a dork on the same league of Zuckerberg's or B) a friggin' genius. But hey, one site's the second-highest-ranked website in the world, and the other's #6,726,096.... Out of some 30 million sites ranked by Alexa.

But, like Zuckerberg, I have my enemies and I've been bullied for my beliefs. Look at the fucktards known as Opie and Anthony's retarded fans. Years ago, when I was doing the "Poll My Finger" feature of my website, they wrecked it by putting in rude comments. But ya know, that's their problem. Maybe they have the time since they live in mommy's basement. Same goes with a popular message board I used to post on. I went to several meet-and-greets that were organized by some of its posters and they decided to bash me publiclly by creating a fake user name. I bashed one of the idiots responsible in a private MySpace blog, but he somehow hacked into my account and made a fool out of me. Somehow, he made the other posters join his little crusade against me and I quit.

In the end, sometimes walking away works and time heals all wounds. Plus, karma's a bitch. Since my absence, that pathetic asshole's wife left him.

But, some have managed to bully in person. The latest target it seems are gay teens. In the past several weeks, many gay teens have committed suicide. They seem to be pressured by their straight counterparts and unaccepted just because maybe that's how God made them. One case in point: Tyler Clementi, the 18 year old freshmen at Rutgers University who jumped off the George Washington Bridge after he was humiliated by his roommate Dharun Ravi for having gay sex in their dorm room. Ravi decided to stream video images of Clementi having sex online and even alerted his Twitter followers when he would do so. Because of being humiliated, Clementi committed suicide on September 22, and his body was recovered on the 29th.
Now, I've had roommates before and it sucks having to adjust to their lifestyles, that I agree. Honestly, Clementi should have found another place to have sex, like a hotel room. But since he's 18 and probably no money, that's willing to happen. I will, however, give New Jersey governor Chris Christie some credit by stating "I don't know how those two folks are going to sleep at night", referring to Ravi and his partner, Molly Wei. Both face expulsion from the university and five years in prison for infringing on Mr. Clementi's rights. However, a prosecutor claims that there's not enough evidence that what the two did would be considered a hate crime.

I think the purpose of this post is simple, although lengthy. Nobody like a bully. However, like I said earlier, karma's a bitch. Will Facebook be popular five years down the road? Many thought that MySpace was unstoppable. Now, it's the 30th most popular website out there, and it was in the top 10 a few years ago. Facebook proved to be simpler and easier to load on the computer. Plus, hey! Who doesn't love FarmVille? But who knows? Right now, maybe somebody's creating the website that'll kick it to the curb.

And maybe along the way, its founders will also screw over another, too.  

--- 

Got a Bee-otch to nominate? E-mail us @ chuck69dotcom@gmail.com. All suggestions (except for me) are welcome!

Bee-otch of the Day is a production of Chuck69.com, Grand Rapids' site for Stern, politics and more!


No comments:

Post a Comment