Monday, March 19, 2018

3.19.18 Bee-otch of the Day: Jack O'Malley


Bee-otch of the Day honors are awarded Monday through Thursday, Bee-otch of the Week is awarded Friday on Chuck69.com.

-------



Name: Jack O'Malley
Age: ??
Occupation: current morning show host, WTCM-FM
Last Seen: Traverse City, MI
Bee-otched For: career suicide
---
Since the early 1980s, northern Michiganders have been waking up to the top-rated Jack O'Malley and the WTCM Morning Show.

But on April 24, the legendary country jock will be hanging up his headphones for good.

O'Malley announced a few weeks ago that he's running for State Representative for the 101st District, which runs from Ludington to Northport. The district is currently represented by fellow Republican Curt VanderWall, who is stepping down to run for senate. Currently, O'Malley is the sole Republican running; Kathy Wiejaczka, a registered nurse from Northport is the Democrat running so for.

So I wonder, why in the hell is O'Malley - also the operations manager at WTCM parent Midwestern Broadcasting - going into politics? Hasn't he learned about what happened to the likes of long-time newsman Jerry Meyer and weatherman Greg MacMaster? Um, yeah.

Look, I've been running this blog for almost 20 years. I had a lot of respect for O'Malley. Hell, I love the fact that he once was an intern for Howard Stern at W4 in Detroit! But, doing this page for years, I've gotten to know a few folks here and there in the radio biz. I know an insider who has said some things about Jack that aren't all that flattering. And for now, that's all I'll say.

As-is, even though I'm not a fan of the Democrats, especially after what they did to Bernie Sanders in 2016, I hate the Repukes even worse. I know, the 101st District of Michigan is quite rural and conservative, but since everybody hates Drumpf's ass right now, I would be voting for the RN over the country jock any day. My aunt - now dying of cancer - was an RN and I've built myself to have a lot of respect for them. And of course, I hate country with a severe passion.

Getting into politics: the worst thing a celebrity can ever do. It's probably much worse than when NBC moved Jay Leno to 10 p.m. many years ago.


---

  --

Got a Bee-otch to nominate? E-mail us @ chuck69dotcom@gmail.com. All suggestions (except for me) are welcome!

Bee-otch of the Day Archives can be seen on http://beeotchoftheday.blogspot.com

Bee-otch of the Day is a production of Chuck69.com, Grand Rapids' site for Stern, politics and more!

CHUCK69.COM IS ALWAYS ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment