Monday, March 30, 2020

3.30.20 Hero of the Day: karma


Bee-otch of the Day honors are awarded Monday through Thursday; Bee-otch of the Week is awarded Sunday morning on Chuck69.com.

-------
A SPECIAL HERO OF THE DAY!

Name: karma
Age: ageless
Occupation: the decider of fate
Last Seen: everywhere
Awarded For: punishing those who need it                                                                

----


As we enter another week of the dreadful COVID-19 pandemic, I hope many of you are able to stay home whenever possible. And if you have an essential job where you have to work, God bless you.

All weekend, I, like many of you watched the Netflix docu-series Tiger King. For those hiding under a rock, it details the story about Oklahoman zoo owner Joe Exotic. He was a right-winged, gun-toting, gay polygamist kook who had an affinity for tigers. For years, he had a feud with Carole Baskin, a woman who owned another sanctuary in Florida. Baskin accused Exotic for abusing his tigers while Exotic accused Baskin of killing her first husband, a millionaire who disappeared in 1997. After Baskin successfully sued Exotic for copyright infringement in 2011, Exotic started making threats against her. Just this past January, he was sentenced to 22 years in federal prison for hiring a hitman to kill Baskin.

Now, if you've seen Tiger King, it's a no-brainer. Both Exotic and Baskin are wackjobs, albeit from different backgrounds. It's hard to tell who's the good guy in all this since they both kept and bred an animal that deserved to live in the wild as opposed to in their view of captivity. But, the lesser of the two evils seemed to be Baskin since she did things with civility while Exotic was a whiny little bitch who sought revenge. In the end, karma wasn't nice to Exotic, but who knows if it will happen to Baskin.

Yes, I've been talking about karma a lot since I've been treated like shit all my life. And I'm happy to say that when I see the people who tried to fuck me over get fucked themselves, I get a feeling called schadenfreude.

According to Wikipedia, schadenfreude is a feeling one gets when one witnesses the troubles, failures or humiliation of another. For me, it's when I hear that whomever fucked me over gets fucked themselves. I try to be nice to people, and in the end I get fucked over. A lot.

You see, I started this site 21 years ago because I got tired of the horrible ageism people my age at the time in northern Michigan were getting. I had family in Grand Rapids and Detroit and they were treated a helluva lot better since they could go to concerts and didn't have to hit the seek button every three seconds on the radio. Up north, I was stuck with five different stations that felt that they had the right to play wuss music all the time. Their excuse? "Northern Michigan is not an Active Rock market".

Twenty years later, they now have a well-programmed Active Rock station that's neck-and-neck with the shitty Boomer Rock station I was forced to grow up with in the ratings. And that Boomer station, WKLT, was recently sold because the previous owners made some fucked-up mistakes. And one of them was killing off the most-popular CHR station in northern Michigan at the time, 106.7 The Peak. They bought the station for $3 million in 1996. Just recently, it was sold for a mere $215,000 to - of all people - the owner of The Peak's rival, 106 KHQ.

The thing is that people agree with me about KLT. It's old and the music mix screams MAGA. One time, I was on Facebook and somebody commented that back in the 1990s, radio was so bad that they had to load the car up with CDs when they went up north. But, KLT and Northern Broadcast didn't care. They were the McDonald's of radio and had the ratings to prove it.

For years, people agreed with me about how fucked up northern Michigan radio was. And when they read my articles, they mostly agreed.

But yes, I've had my problems. In 2000, northern Michigan's alternative rocker, 95.5/94.5 The Zone ditched the wuss music for the bands that I *ACTUALLY* wanted to hear. Lilith Fair was out and nu-metal was in, and the ratings reportedly soared. Guess what? Some douchebag - who was probably a plant from KLT - begged me to give The Zone's Programming Director, a woman named Kimberley Fox the Bee-otch of the Day. He claimed that she was a drug addict and he was her ex-husband. Sorry, I don't sell out like that. I FINALLY had a radio station I liked listening to 24/7. Too bad I moved to Grand Rapids shortly thereafter.

Over the years, people tried to fuck over The Zone and the station that replaced it, Rock 105/95-5. But, let's remember something: northern Michigan is one giant small town. When those people tried to fuck it up, the people spoke out.

I know. Howard Stern is now on SiriusXM and northern Michigan has an Active Rock station that does a shit ton better in the ratings than the likes of WCCW-FM, Z93 and *probably* Lite 96.3. But, I have had a ton of battles - personal and on this very blog - that all ended with karma hitting my enemies on their sorry asses. Just ask Matt Hanlon, my ex-stepfather and a lot of his family, my ex-boss and the fat retard and his Rethuglican buddies who all started a collective user name on a popular broadcasting message board to bully me out of there.

You see, just the other day, I was reading that very board - and no, I haven't posted on there in years, and for good reason - and I shook my head. I was reading a thread about Governor Gretchen Whitmer's order for residents to stay indoors. Some jerkwad posted that Whitmer needed to be recalled since it would "ruin the economy" and the board's moderator got into a war with him. Well, guess what? One of the board's long-time posters stated that he was "another King Chuck". Sadly, another asshole poster said that "liberals like King Chuck are incredibly stupid" and the aforementioned poster claimed that I "wasn't anything politically".

Now, here's the scoop. The asshole who compared me to the Whitmer basher is this two-faced asshole. On the outside, he works with the homeless and children. Not only that, he's a part-time morning host on a college radio station that's programmed by old farts playing kayak paddle bonks. Sadly, he thinks he's a liberal, but since he admitted that he voted for some Republicans a few years ago and he lives in a hoidy-toidy part of Traverse City, sorry, he's not. He allegedly owned several radio stations some years ago and probably still has money left over from the sale.

Of course, the loser this prick was talking to claimed that I was booted off of the board. Not true. I quit because I got tired of fighting with losers and people who judged me for not being them.

Look, nobody's life is perfect. Mine sure isn't. I'll admit that it's a helluva better now since my last boss retired and my current one took over and gave me much-needed raises. I know. My 20s were rough thanks to Bush. People lied to me and told me that I would be getting raises over the years. Ten years after I started working for my ex-boss, I was donating plasma just so I could buy groceries. He retired, sold his business to his partner and not only did the raises come and now I'm living decently, but my ex-boss punctured his foot on a sharp pole while attempting to dock a boat.

And guess what I - and my fellow co-workers - felt when that happened? Yep, schadenfreude.

Tragically, the majority of that broadcasting board's posters are right-winged kooks. They probably worshiped Reagan for cutting taxes on wealthy assholes like them and their parents. Thanks to COVID-19, they have no choice but to sit on their ass and bash those who all want Drumpf out of the White House. But, there's a reason why they're sitting on their ass, and it's because of his ignorance.

And by the way, I'm not a "liberal". I'M A PROGRESSIVE. There's a difference. I don't worship Clinton or even Obama. Personally, IMHO, the greatest president of all time was Franklin Delano Roosevelt. Had he lived longer, we would have universal healthcare, free colleges and better income equality. Sadly, since his death, the Democrats have sold their souls to the wealthy. And what do we get in the end? Drumpf and his ignorance toward COVID-19. Make America Great Again my ass.

But ya know? There's good karma in all this. Los Angeles isn't loaded with smog anymore, and you can actually see it from a distance. The Earth will be able to heal and gas prices are at its lowest in a long, long time. Once it warms up, the coronavirus will start to disappear and life will return to normal.

I guess the moral is simple. Joe Exotic tried to kill his enemy and got bit in the ass in the end. Yes, I have my enemies. But ya know? I let karma take care of my problems. It might not be instant like John Lennon sang about, tomorrow, or even ten years down the road from now. It might take a lifetime.

But in the end, we all shine on, like the moon, and the stars and the sun.



--
  ----

Got a Bee-otch to nominate? E-mail us @ chuck69dotcom@gmail.com. All suggestions (except for me) are welcome!

Bee-otch of the Day Archives can be seen on http://beeotchoftheday.blogspot.com

Bee-otch of the Day is a production of Chuck69.com, Grand Rapids' site for Stern, politics and more!

CHUCK69.COM IS ALWAYS ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment