Monday, July 6, 2020

7.6.20 Bee-otch of the Day: one of the worst co-workers I ever had to deal with


BECOME AN AFFILIATE OF T-SHIRT HELL AND MAKE SOME MONEY!



Bee-otch of the Day honors are awarded Monday through Thursday; Bee-otch of the Week is awarded Sunday morning on Chuck69.com.

 

-------




Name: anonymous
Age: 50
Occupation: unemployed
Last Seen: somewhere in west Michigan
Bee-otched For: being one of the worst people I've ever worked with


----


You know, I normally try not to talk about my personal life on here.

When I was a kid, I wanted to work in radio. But, I learned a painful lesson that you can have awesome ratings and make a ton of money for your station and still get canned. Just ask Howard Stern or anybody who had done mornings at WKLT in northern Michigan for the past 30 years or so.

In my life, I've done a lot. I've watered cherry trees and sorted cherries at a farm market. I stocked shelves at convenience stores. I've washed dishes and for the past 18 years, I've done my current job.

You see, I work in a team of usually three people. Often, I compare my crew to The Three Stooges. I'm the Larry of the trio because I'm not quite the leader and I've always been there. The Moe of my team has been there off and on for circa 15 years. But, anybody who knows and loves the Stooges knows the saga of the Third Stooge.

Originally, Shemp was the Third Stooge, but quit over a dispute with the Stooges' owner, Ted Healey in 1932. Curly was with the group until he suffered a stroke in 1946. Then Shemp rejoined until he died in 1955 from a heart attack at age 60. Then it was Joe Besser and Curly Joe. 

Well, it's the same at my shop. My operator and I are the lifers while we simply can't find a good third body to stay with us. 

And that third body's responsibility? Simply loading boxes with product.

Yes, the job can be tough at times. But, it's simpler than many other jobs out there. At least you're not getting splattered with hot fry oil or dealing with asshole customers for minimum wage. 

Other the past few years, We had some good folks who worked with us. Sadly, some have quit because they found better-paying jobs. However, we had some from a local temp agency who were flat-out horrid. One temp we had for a few months (ugh) came to work wearing pro-2nd Amendment shirts and other clothes with "Don't Tread on Me" embroidered on there. Thankfully, he was canned because he kept forgetting shit. Another temp we had came in VERY sick and sneezed in our bathroom sink with snot dripping from the faucet. Two days later, I called in sick with severe stomach pain, probably from him. Another long-term temp we had was fun to work with, but she had to quit because she had to testify in a murder trial.

Well, once again, we were stuck without our "Third Stooge" when our last helper went someplace else. However, a co-worker of ours found somebody he knew needed work. 

In the beginning, we knew that our new boxer was on the weird side. He made strange noises and was disruptive. Not only that, he would CONSTANTLY put the wrong quantity in each box. And to add insult to injury, he farted like crazy. 

Now, we minded our own business for the longest time when a few weeks ago, we had a job that involved having to stuff the boxes with cardboard. I set up my section of my machine while my "Moe" set up hers. This asshole, well, really didn't do much. He got his boxes and, well, that was it. No cardboard to stuff with. So, my leader had to cut the cardboard while this prick was standing there acting like an ass. He yelled at me to start running. But, my leader wasn't even remotely ready to run. Well, she got all of HIS cardboard ready and when I was finally given the OK to run, he came to me and SCREAMED at me that if I don't listen to him, he would tell on me. I told him that he was not my boss and he had no right to talk to me like that. I was PISSED. 

Thankfully, I finally got a chance to talk to my supervisor later that day. And he totally agreed that what this prick did to me was absolutely wrong. He told me that he better shape up soon and that was the end of that. 

Well, a week passed and all was well until my leader had a discussion with our General Manager. Needless to say, he was so pissed that we all were cordoned into a meeting in the company conference room. We all told our side of the story at that point and this prick was looking around the room, acting bored, thinking "whatever". When it was time for him to have his say, he said "she was helping me make up the cardboard". WTF?!? He was simply covering his ass to make himself look good in front of the boss. The meeting ended and we all went back to work.

The next day, the GM decided that he wanted to meet with us individually, so we did. When it was my operator's turn, she told me to start running. I wanted to make labels for the boxes and asked him for the quantity per each carton. He didn't answer. Later that day, we had a project that involved having to re-run what we ran earlier through our machine. I moved five carts of product MYSELF while he-who-shalt-not-be-named sat on his ass, playing with a game on his phone. 

On Thursday, my operator and I finally had enough. We went to the GM and told him about the shit he had pulled against me the day before. His response? "That's all I needed to hear." About 40 minutes later, the Third Stooge was canned and shown the door.

Granted, this buttmunch wasn't the worst person I ever worked with. That honor went to a retarded asshole I worked with at a restaurant near Traverse City who went to prison for a few years for child molestation. Not only that, my bosses at the restaurant I worked at KNEW he was a child molester, though he was never charged for any serious crime at the time. Then again, this was the 1990s when things were more under the radar than what they are now.

Now, our shop is looking for our next Third Stooge. I hope to God that they're not an asshole like the last guy. I hope they know how to count and for God's sake, I hope they don't use my area as their personal aisle way, especially during the age of COVID-19.

So, you might wonder what this douchebag was like. Well, he was 50, married and I think two kids. His previous job? He painted nails for 20 years. Yes, he's Vietnamese.

You see, the co-worker who got him in is Vietnamese and owned a few nail salons. It happens so that he worked at one of his salons that he sold off. He needed a job and ended up coming to us. Judging by his negative attitude and lack of knowledge of our business, he probably thought that he had the right to boss me and others around. From what I was told, I wasn't the only person he screamed at. 

Sadly, this asshole was one in many. He's lucky that he's not the first Vietnamese person I've ever met, or else this blog post would be loaded with nasty stigmas about him and his people. Several years ago, I briefly befriended a Vietnamese person in my apartment complex. Turned out that he was simply using me because he was drunk. I was constantly going to a shitty liquor store down the street (the one that made headlines here in Grand Rapids whose owner got run over by an angry customer because their booze was expensive) to get his precious Heineken and the now-demolished Clark station down a few blocks to get his cigarettes. I would visit him and he'd bash liberals for everything. Thanks, but no thanks. 

But, I'm thankful that not all Vietnamese people aren't that way. I worked with other Vietnamese folks and they all were nice and intelligent. One went on to become an engineer. Hell, Vietnam themselves has done a better job fighting coronavirus than us Americans. But for someone who's a total know-it-all to come in my life and thinks he can make up all the rules, I couldn't be more happier that he's gone. Not only that, he never apologized for what he did. Oh, well. The world doesn't need more losers like him.

Working with people who treat you like shit is definitely a no-Nguyen situation.


--
  ----

Got a Bee-otch to nominate? E-mail us @ chuck69dotcom@gmail.com. All suggestions (except for me) are welcome!

Bee-otch of the Day Archives can be seen on http://beeotchoftheday.blogspot.com

Bee-otch of the Day is a production of Chuck69.com, Grand Rapids' site for Stern, politics and more!

CHUCK69.COM IS ALWAYS ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment