Thursday, March 22, 2012

3.22.12 Bee-otch of the Day: AN OPEN LETTER TO HANK AND DOUG MEIJER


Bee-otch of the Day honors are awarded Monday through Thursday, Bee-otch of the Week is awarded Friday on Chuck69.com.


DON'T FORGET TO "LIKE" BEE-OTCH OF THE DAY ON FACEBOOK!
 
-------------------


Name: Meijer
Age: 78
Occupation: big retailer
Last Seen: Walker, MI
Bee-otched For: still sponsoring Rush Limbaugh


---
**AN OPEN LETTER TO HANK AND DOUG MEIJER, CO-CHAIRMEN OF MEIJER**
Dear Sirs,

For many years, I have enjoyed shopping at your stores and watching your tremendous growth over the years. When I came here to Grand Rapids from northern Michigan a decade ago, I loved shopping at Meijer, especially your Cascade location. I loved the convenience of being able to shop in the early hours of the morning, especially since I work second shift.

However, my love for your stores has dramatically decreased in recent years, and a lot of it is due to your politics. I didn't like the fact that you bullied the elected officials in Acme Township over building a new store there and I don't like the fact that in a few departments in your stores, your politics show and it's scaring me to shop someplace else. Case in point: your book section. I've noticed that your stores never carried two best-sellers, They Call Me Baba Booey by Gary Dell'Abate and Too Fat to Fish by Artie Lange, two members of The Howard Stern Show. Yet, your book department doesn't hesitate to carry every known book available from the likes of Ann Coulter, Glenn Beck, Michael Savage and other far-right-wing conservative zealot nutjob out there.

Now, the issue at hand is the fact that you are one of only a small handful of advertisers to The Rush Limbaugh Show. Recently, I saw numerous banner ads on WOOD Radio's website on the Rush Limbaugh section that promoted your store. Why? Are you happy at the fact that many of your customers - especially your female ones - were offended by Mr. Limbaugh calling a female law student a "slut"? I thought your slogan included the words "Higher Standards" because if there's anybody that's purveying low standards, it's none other than Rush Limbaugh.

Rush Limbaugh is a man who thinks that he's doing the right thing by telling a woman what she can and can't do. Yet, he's been married four times and has no kids. Plus, thinks that people who do drugs illegally need to rot in jail. However, when he was caught doing Oxy pills, he avoided the slammer scot free. He's even deaf because of his overuse of the pills.

Look, I loved your father. Fred Meijer was a man of great character and high morals. If he were in your shoes, he would do the right thing and drop all of Meijer's advertising on Rush's show. Sears/Kmart did the right thing and so did Walmart. Why can't you drop your association with him?

Because of your hypocritical decisions, I have decided to boycott your stores, and I hope my readers are doing the same. I know that you have a store on virtually street corner in town, but you still have competitors. As a matter of fact, I do a majority of my shopping at Aldi and Big Lots now. Yes, some of my money's going to Germany, but I'd rather have them have it over people who bow to right wing lies and hypocrisy.

Do the right thing. Do what's right for your customers.

Regards,
"King Chuck"
Owner/Webmaster, Chuck69.com

--
Got a Bee-otch to nominate? E-mail us @ chuck69dotcom@gmail.com. All suggestions (except for me) are welcome! 
Bee-otch of the Day Archives can be seen on http://beeotchoftheday.blogspot.com!
Bee-otch of the Day is a production of Chuck69.com , Grand Rapids' site for Stern, politics and more!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment