Wednesday, December 2, 2015

12.2.15 Bee-otch of the Day: Bill Marsh



Bee-otch of the Day honors are awarded Monday through Thursday, Bee-otch of the Week is awarded Friday on Chuck69.com.



DON'T FORGET TO "LIKE" BEE-OTCH OF THE DAY ON FACEBOOK!


----------



Name: Bill Marsh Automotive Group
Age: 33
Occupation: auto dealerships
Last Seen: Traverse City, MI
Bee-otched For: being anti-women


---

For years, I thought that Bill Marsh was one of the better car dealerships in Traverse City.

Over two decades ago, my grandparents bought a 1993 Buick Skylark from Marsh's and simply loved the place. I loved that Skylark, even when my grandmother passed it down to my father. I'll even admit that I even have a cousin who works at the dealership and he's treated like family.

But sadly, my love of Bill Marsh - which sells Dodges, Chryslers, Jeeps, Rams, Buicks, GMCs and Hyundais in Traverse City and Fords, Chryslers, Dodges and Jeeps in Kalkaska - has hit rock bottom.

Yesterday, dealership owner Bill Marsh, Jr. announced that the dealerships would be cutting ties with the United Way of Northwest Michigan because one of the organizations they support is Planned Parenthood. Marsh told the website TraverseTicker.com that it was a family decision he made with brothers Jamie and Mike because of the recent video posted by a right-wing hate group that claims that PP sells baby parts for profit.

"Planned Parenthood exists primarily to perform abortions…the fact that they don’t perform them (at the Traverse City location) isn’t the issue," Marsh told the Ticker. "We are solidly a pro-life family."

However, the article does state that PP does way more than abortions, such as birth control, pregnancy testing, testing for STDs and so much more. In the past, the article states, the United Way had also supported pro-life groups such as Right to Life. They also support the Father Fred Foundation, a local Catholic group known for feeding the hungry.

With Marsh's right-winged, anti-woman stance, it makes me feel sad knowing that Traverse City has some very shitty car dealers. After all, since the town only has 15,000 people, there's only one of everything. Don't like going to Marsh's to buy a Buick? There's Voice Motors in Kalkaska. They sell Chevys, too. Good, since I've heard some bad things about Williams Chevrolet in TC. I was even told by a former employee of 106 KHQ years ago that they forced the station to drop most of its rap music from their playlist. Talk about racist assholes. Don't even get me started on Fox Motors and the Devos family. They own the Ford dealers in TC, Cadillac and Charlevoix. I guess if I lived up north and I needed a Ford, it's good 'ol Bob Mathers in Boyne City for me, or drive all the way to Petoskey, Gaylord or Grayling.

Oh, wait! Kalkaska has a Ford dealer-oh, never mind, it's a Bill Marsh.

At least TC still has Traverse Motors (Toyota, Volkswagen, Audi, Nissan and Volvo) and Cherry Capital Cadillac/Subaru, both soon to be under the Al Serra umbrella. So far, I've heard nothing idiotic about them. 

To me, a business that tells people that they're against Planned Parenthood tells us all that if a woman is raped, she must have the kid because Jesus sent the asshole over to rape the woman. Same goes if the woman's life is in danger or if she's got no money to raise her kid. It's also saying that women have no right to have inexpensive cancer screening or testing for STDs. I feel bad for the people of TC who have hardly any good choices for car buying now. At least here in Grand Rapids, true, the Devoses own almost everything, but if at least if I want a Ford, I don't have to buy it from their big ass lot on 28th St. There's Tony Betten and Sons, Keller and Borgman. I own a Chevy and took it to Berger for service a few years ago. Big mistake. Assholes ripped me off! Then I heard about Kool Chevrolet. Yes, the drive is longer for me, but it's worth it because of their good service.

The moral of the story: the more competition there is, the better it is for the consumer. Here in Grand Rapids, Fox owns a lot, but they don't have it all. Yet in TC, it's either anti-woman Bill Marsh, anti-LGBT Fox Motors, racist Williams Chevy or Al Serra, in which the verdict is still out.

I might like it here in GR better....

---
Got a Bee-otch to nominate? E-mail us @ chuck69dotcom@gmail.com. All suggestions (except for me) are welcome!

Bee-otch of the Day Archives can be seen on http://beeotchoftheday.blogspot.com!

Bee-otch of the Day is a production of Chuck69.com, Grand Rapids' site for Stern, politics and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment