Monday, August 21, 2017

8.21.17 Hero of the Day: my aunt


Bee-otch of the Day honors are awarded Monday through Thursday, Bee-otch of the Week is awarded Friday on Chuck69.com.

-------

A SPECIAL HERO OF THE DAY!


  

Name: my aunt
Age: 59
Occupation: nurse
Last Seen: Butterworth Hospital, Grand Rapids, MI
Awarded For: being in for the fight of her life


--

You know, I try not to address family situations here on this site, but now's the time.

My aunt is a very dedicated, lovable person. The middle child of seven children - my dad being the first - she herself was the mother of two kids and is now the grandmother of her daughter's two children and will soon have a grandkid from her son. She's been a nurse at the Grand Rapids Home for Veterans for years, taking care of our nation's heroes.

Most importantly, she's been like a mother to me. When I moved to Grand Rapids 15 years ago on a whim, she let me stay at her then small apartment. When I finally moved out a month later, she still had me over for meals, even after she finally moved into her first home that she bought for herself. When I got into a car accident many years ago, she and my cousin both helped me get to work, even with a long drive from Grandville to Kentwood and when my new car was having too many problems, she offered to help me get home even at three in the morning.

Sadly, last week, my Dad called me with some somber news: she has brain cancer.

What happened was she had noticed that her focus was way off on many things and her work was suffering. She went to her doctor and it was there where she discovered her cancer. Since then, many members of her family have all come and even her son, who has been at her bedside ever since.

Tomorrow is my aunt's surgery. I do fear that she'll die tomorrow, though I know that she won't be the same. Only time will tell.

Sadly, she's my last relative here in Grand Rapids that I'm close to. When I moved here, it was her, her two kids and my female cousin's growing family. Since then, my cousins have moved to Detroit and the state of Wyoming and if my aunt dies, it's just me in this city. It's sad since we both represented the west side of the state and I usually tagged along with her on trips. All I can say is that God has a plan for everybody. If she dies, at least she'll be with Grandpa and others in her life she hasn't seen in years. If she lives, I hope she'll have at least some of the quality of life she's always had.

In the end, please, pray 'em if you got 'em.

--

Got a Bee-otch to nominate? E-mail us @ chuck69dotcom@gmail.com. All suggestions (except for me) are welcome!

Bee-otch of the Day Archives can be seen on http://beeotchoftheday.blogspot.com

Bee-otch of the Day is a production of Chuck69.com, Grand Rapids' site for Stern, politics and more!

CHUCK69.COM IS ALWAYS ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment