Monday, May 4, 2015

5.4.15 Bee-otch of the Day: The Koch Bros.


Bee-otch of the Day honors are awarded Monday through Thursday, Bee-otch of the Week is awarded Friday on Chuck69.com.



DON'T FORGET TO "LIKE" BEE-OTCH OF THE DAY ON FACEBOOK!

----------




Names: Charlie and David Koch
Ages: 75, 80
Occupations: environment destroyers
Last Seen: ??
Bee-otched For: making Mother Nature sick

---
At 12:23 p.m. on Saturday, I thought that I had a neighbor run through the hallway in my apartment building, causing it to shake. Or was it an overloaded washer shaking uncontrollably?


The weird shaking lasted for what seemed to be 15 minutes. I thought that I was on crack or something. So since I was on Facebook, I posted "so is it me, or did I just feel an earthquake?" My aunt responded that it was probably just a truck going down the road, but she responded about a minute later that she's been reading on her Facebook feed that her friends felt an earthquake too. I called my landlords and they felt one, too, and so did other tenants. I checked the local news media and they waited their sweet time to confirm that an earthquake rocked the area. About a 1/2 hour later, the first official reports came in, and the epicenter was near Galesburg, just outside Kalamazoo. The magnitude was originally a 4.0, but it was later changed to a 4.2.

Thankfully, there were no injuries and virtually no damage.

Michigan is definitely not famous for earthquakes. As a matter of fact, the last time I felt anything close to an earthquake, it was several years ago when an earthquake hit Illinois and it was barely felt here in GR. I noticed some high winds and that was it. The earthquake on Saturday was the worst Michigan felt since 1947 when a 4.6 one shook almost the same area.

So, how can a state like Michigan get an earthquake? Good question, but I think one huge answer is because quit frankly, our earth is sick. Years of fracking and other environmental fuckups have caused our temps to increase year by year which means more environmental bullshit like earthquakes, tornadoes and such. Michigan should never face earthquakes, period. Since Oklahoma allowed more fracking, the amount of earthquakes in that state have increased dramatically. Hell, California is under a massive drought in part because they've allowed more fracking, which means thousands upon thousands of gallons of fresh, drinkable water is wasted for that precious shale.

You know, I wish that we as a nation invested more into alternative energy, like solar and wind power and not plugging away at our nation's resources. Yes, I like low gas prices, but we need to steer clear of dumping smoke into our air and causing our water to blow up. But as long as the Kochs keep funding the Repukes, they'll always get their way.

In other words, keep voting Republican and that 4.2 quake could go up to a 10.

-

Got a Bee-otch to nominate? E-mail us @ chuck69dotcom@gmail.com. All suggestions (except for me) are welcome!

Bee-otch of the Day Archives can be seen on http://beeotchoftheday.blogspot.com!

Bee-otch of the Day is a production of Chuck69.com, Grand Rapids' site for Stern, politics and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment