Monday, April 4, 2016

4.4.16 Bee-otch of the Day: Mother Nature


Bee-otch of the Day honors are awarded Monday through Thursday, Bee-otch of the Week is awarded Friday on Chuck69.com.



DON'T FORGET TO "LIKE" BEE-OTCH OF THE DAY ON FACEBOOK!

----------
Name: Mother Nature
Age: ageless
Occupation: the decider of things
Last Seen: everywhere
Bee-otched For: ruining the end of my vacation



---

Mother Nature sure can be a bitch.

All last week, I was in Kentucky with my father and most of the time, it was definitely Spring. We did have one major thunderstorm one day, but hey, that's Spring. Other times, I was wearing shorts since the weather too damn perfect.

And then, I had to go home.

I left my dad's Saturday afternoon and tell ya the truth, coming to his place was way better than leaving. Coming to his place, the weather was clear with not a drop of percipitation. But coming home was a horrific nightmare. I-65 through Kentucky was a road construction nightmare. Crossing the newly-constructed bridge that goes to and from Louisville, I entered a shitstorm of wind all throughout Indiana. The wind was so bad that sometimes, it tried to push my car across the highway! It was scary. I stopped to fill up in Indianapolis and I thought that I was going through a tornado or hurricane.

Driving up US-31, I had the misfortune of driving through whiteout conditions through Kokomo. I read that 1-3 inches of the white stuff had pelted Grand Rapids, which made me wonder why in the hell was Mother Nature punishing us. It remained windy as hell well into Michigan. Driving eight hours to and from Kentucky is bad enough, but put dangerous gusts of wind into the equation and it's the trip from hell.

You see, the reason why I drove to Kentucky in late March is simply because I felt that the roads were good. Usually, it doesn't snow in late March, especially in an El Nino year. But Ms. Nature had other plans. Two years ago, I went to Arizona around this time and it was so cold in Grand Rapids coming home that my plane had to divert to Indianapolis. Thankfully, the weather cleared up to the point that we could fly back to GR, even though we didn't get back until way late at night.

If I were Mother Nature, Winter would end exactly when it's supposed to, not in the beginning of April. This needs to be Springtime where grass grows and flowers bloom, not more torture!

But I think global warming is playing a role, too, sadly.
---

Got a Bee-otch to nominate? E-mail us @ chuck69dotcom@gmail.com. All suggestions (except for me) are welcome!

Bee-otch of the Day Archives can be seen on http://beeotchoftheday.blogspot.com!

Bee-otch of the Day is a production of Chuck69.com, Grand Rapids' site for Stern, politics and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment